The Boys Are Back in Town!
New Zealand’s iconic lifestyle show Big Boys Toys celebrates its 20th Anniversary from 16-18 November at the ASB Showgrounds, Greenlane, with some extra innovation and sparkling entertainment to mark the occasion.
Since the event began in 1998, with its unique mix of indoor lifestyle expo and stunning outdoor arena show, Big Boys Toys has kept Greater Auckland up to date with the very ‘latest and greatest’ Automotive, Marine, Lifestyle and Consumer Electronics products and services.
No longer a teenager but no less excitable, the 20th Anniversary Big Boys Toys expands to six halls, with more to see, try and buy, along with the ever-popular Mammoth Action Arena delivering the thrills and spills to keep visitors on the edge of their seats.
“This year’s show has it all,” says Event Director Dean Wilson. “All the best features that the public already loves about this show, plus a whole lot of new attractions to make it the ultimate day out for people of all ages.”
First up, the cars! The Driven Hall is New Zealand’s premier automotive showcase, featuring vehicles and motorcycles you can drive home as well as those you can only dream of owning. This year’s Supercars – the 2018 Ferrari 812 Superfast and 2018 Ford GT will have all lovers of automobiles in awe!
It’s not just for petrol-heads either, with Electric Avenue bringing the electric vehicle revolution to Big Boys Toys, with incredible electric vehicles and a chance to test drive the latest EVs & E-Bikes.
Quirky attractions include the Mirthmobile from cult 1990's movie – Wayne’s World – loving reproduced here in New Zealand.
The Mammoth Action Arena is set to enthral visitors of all ages, featuring an action-packed extreme sports show, with World BMX superstar Jed Mildon performing his spectacular array of tricks from an incredible 8m high ramp! And the TCNZ Car Drops see cars being dropped from over 70m on the ground in a spectacular head-on crash.
New this year is the Jack Daniel’s BBQ Alley, with 30 competitive BBQ teams from Australasia battling it out for over $10,000 in prizes. Teams will compete across 5 categories – Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Pork and Pork Ribs to see who is crowned Grand Champion of the Jack Daniel’s Big Boys Toys Barbecue competition.
Other competitions taking place at this year’s show include the inaugural edition of the Combative Robotics National Champs, the Auckland Strongman Series, and the Medieval Fighting National Champs.
And for lovers of the biggest toys of all, a huge Construction Zone will showcase the big machinery in an interactive format and includes the Auckland Excavator Operator Champs.
“We’re absolutely delighted with the lineup this year,” says Wilson.
“Ribs and robots, barbecues and electric bikes, strongmen and sword-fights, stunt riders and supercars… Big Boys Toys 2018 has it all!
Lock 16-18 November into your calendars, at ASB Showgrounds, Greenlane for the 20th Anniversary Show of Big Boys Toys.
Full List of Highlights:
• The Electric Avenue celebrates the EV revolution and all things electric
• Supercars including the 2018 Ford GT and Ferrari 812 Superfast
• The Driven Hall, NZ’s premier lineup of major brands and automotive products.
• The Mammoth Action Arena, with some of the world’s best extreme sport athletes
• BMX legend – Jed Mildon will drop from the 8m Mammoth Mega Ramp
• The movie car from a classic 1990’s film - the Mirthmobile from Wayne’s World
• The Jack Daniels BBQ Alley featuring the Brothers of the Grill BBQ competition
• The CCNZ Construction Zone will showcase big machinery in an interactive format
• The Lifestyle & Electronics Hall with the latest in laptops, gaming, VR and technology.
• The Ultimate Garage with hot rods, classic cars, machinery and more
• Feature Halls such as the Automania Showcase
• The Smoke Free Hall presented by Vapo
• The inaugural Combative Robotics National Championships
• The Medieval Fighting National Champs
• The Auckland Excavator Champs
• The Auckland Strongman Series
Ticket Prices (at Gate)
Family Pass $55 (2 Adults and 2 kids)
Students / Seniors $20 (with Student ID or Gold Card)
Children (5 – 12 Yrs) $5
Children under 5 Free
Early Bird Specials – book through www.bigboystoys.co.nz
Family Pass $45 (2 Adults and 2 kids)
Students / Seniors $17 (with Student ID or Gold Card)
For Further Information: